7HE - Process Engineering Economics and Management - October'1998
Part A (20 x 2 = 40 Marks)
- Define value of money
- What is depletion?
- State any two methods of depreciation
- What is amortization?
- What is variable cost?
- Define cost indices
- Define fixed cost
- What is capacity factor?
- Define rate of return
- Define economic balance
- What is inflation?
- Define multiple equipment unit
- Write the expansion of G.N.P
- What is elasticity of demand?
- Define B.E.P
- What is business cycle?
- What is scientific management?
- Give any two types of organizations
- What is job evaluation
- Define fatigue
Part B (5 x 12 = 60 Marks)
- Explain any two methods of depreciation
- Describe the equations for economic studies
- Explain the long term capital requirement of a company
- What is balance sheet? Explain its preparation with an example
- What is present value method? How it is useful in comparing alternatives?
- Discuss about the cash flow analysis
- What is demand forecasting? Explain any two methods
- Discuss about multiplier and accelerator
- Explain a few advanced techniques in management
- Explain the recruitment methods adopted in an organisation