7HA - Safety Hazards and Risk Analysis - October'1998
Part A (20 x 2 = 40 Marks)
- Accidents do not happen. They are caused - Comment
- Give two examples of unsafe act
- Name atleast two personal protection devices
- What are the types of water expelling fire extinguishers?
- What is meant by emergency management plan?
- Name two occupational diseases
- Classify the chemical agents which are hazardous to health
- Comment on the need for vocational guidance
- Name two unsafe conditions in a factory that may lead to accident
- Name two direct accident costs
- What is meant by safety audit?
- What kind of hazard exists in ammonium nitrate plant?
- What kind of hazards are present in metal cutting industries?
- What is the importance of ventilation in preventing safety hazard?
- Good house keeping by the top management reduces risk - Comment
- Explain TLV
- What is meant by LD50?
- What are the important tools by which the safety supervisor's performance is measured?
- Name two organizations that work for the safety in industries
- Name two acts passed by the parliament with reference to industrial safety
Part B (5 x 12 = 60 Marks)
- (a) Elaborate on the guidelines for the safe handling of chemicals
(b) Discuss the importance of safety training in chemical industries
- (a) Explain in detail job safety analysis
(b) What are the safety measures to be adopted in high pressure and high temperature operations?
- (a) Explain in detail the effective steps to be taken to implement safety procedure
(b) Proper selection and treatment of equipments is vital for safe operation - Discuss in detail giving suitable examples
- (a) Write in detail the fire fighting equipments and extinguishing agents used in industries
(b) (i) What are the reasons for industrial accidents?
(ii) Discuss on accident costs
(iii) Indicate the steps to be taken for the prevention of accidents
- (a) Explain the salient features of Factory Act and Workers Compensation Act
(b) Explain the role of safety organizations, management and trade unions in maintaining industrial safety