7HA - Safety and Hazard Analysis - April 2000
Part A (20 x 2 = 40 Marks)
- What is the need for development of safety in industries?
- Explain the importance of social environmental setup
- Explain the need of psychological attitude towards safety program
- What is the result of effective communication?
- Define the term "hazard"
- What is meant by chronic toxicity?
- What are the hazards in high pressure operation?
- What are the precautions to be taken while handling highly radioactive materials?
- What are the effective steps to implement safety procedures?
- Explain the importance of periodic advice to follow safety procedures
- Explain the importance of personal protective equipments
- How will you study the plant layout?
- How will you identify the accident spots?
- What is meant by vocational guidance?
- How will you analyze the causes of injury to men in the plant?
- Mention the various fire fighting techniques
- What are industrial health hazards?
- Explain the safe working environments
- Explain the factories act
- What is the role of safety organizations in promoting industrial safety?
Part B (5 x 12 = 60 Marks)
- (a) Discuss the importance of training at various levels of production and operation
(b) Why safety is a must in an industry? Discuss. How will you create safety awareness among the workers?
- (a) Discuss the chemical and physical job safety analysis
(b) Discuss the safe handling of dangerous and toxic chemicals
- (a) Discuss the importance of proper selection and replacement of handling equipments
(b) What are the factors to be considered while designing a plant layout?
- (a) Discuss the various industrial accidents in detail with suitable examples
(b) What is fire triangle? Discuss the causes for fire in a chemical industry
- (a) Discuss about Workmen Compensation Act
(b) Explain in detail the parliamentary and labor welfare legislations