Descriptions - Fluid Mechanics Questions
- What is Buckingham Pi-theorem? Explain its application briefly.
- Enlist the important dimensionless groups involved in the study of fluid mechanics and explain their physical significance.
- Explain the terms (i) Geometric (ii) Kinematic and (iii) Dynamic similarities.
- Describe the methods employed for flow measurements in open channels.
- Explain the conditions on which the choice of the following meters would depend: (i)Orifice meter (ii) Venturi meter (iii) Pitot tube.
- Draw the characteristic curves for a centrifugal pump.
- What is a positive displacement pump? Describe the working of any one type with neat sketch.
- Describe the working of an Airlift pump and explain on what factors its efficiency dependent.