7HA - October 1999
Part A (20 x 2 = 40 Marks)
- Explain the need for social environmental setup
- What are the tolerance limits of the society?
- What do you mean by safety programme?
- Explain the effective communication
- What are the potential hazards?
- Mention few toxic chemicals
- What are the precautions to betaken while handling hazardous chemicals?
- Explain the importance of layout of the plant
- What is meant by appraisal?
- Why periodic inspection is necessary?
- What are the factors to be considered for proper selection of equipment?
- Mention few personal protective equipments used in chemical industries
- What are the possible industrial accidents in a chemical plant?
- What is meant by accident cost?
- What are the accident prevention methods?
- Classify the types of fires
- What are the health standards?
- What are occupational hazards?
- Explain the ESI Act
- What is the role of trade unions in promoting industrial safety?
Part B (5 x 12 = 60 Marks)
- (a) Discuss the importance of safety consciousness in chemical industries
(b) Discuss the psychological attitude towards safety programs
- (a) Discuss the safety measures to be adopted in an explosives
(b) Discuss the various highly radioactive materials with suitable
- (a) Discuss the importance of periodic advice and checking to follow
(b) How will you use and maintain the personal protective equipments in an
- (a) Discuss the various fire prevention methods to be adopted in a
(b) What are the remedial measures that are to be taken after an accident
in an industry? Explain with suitable examples
- (a) Discuss the various health hazards in a chemical plant
(b) What are the legal aspects to be followed to start a chemical