7HA Safety and Hazard Analysis April 1999
Part A (20 x 2 = 40 Marks)
- Explain the importance of safety in chemical industries
- Explain the tolerance limits of the society
- The level of training depends on the category of staff in a factory what
is your opinion?
- Explain the various economic benefits
- What is meant by potential hazard?
- What are the precautions to be adopted during high temperature operations?
- What is meant by acute toxicity?
- How will you operate a machine safely?
- Periodic inspection in a chemical plant is a must. Explain
- How will you select a proper equipment?
- Name some personal protective equipments
- Explain the need of periodic advice
- What is meant by accident cost?
- What are the accident prevention methods?
- How will you analyze the causes of injury to men?
- What are the different types of fires?
- Define the industrial health hazards
- What are health rules?
- What is meant by factories act?
- Explain the role of safety organizations in promoting industrial safety
Part B (5 x 12 = 60 Marks)
- (a) Discuss in detail the psychological attitude towards safety programs
(b) Write in detail about social environmental setup with a suitable case
- (a) Briefly explain the safety features of high pressure vessels in
(b) What are the safety precautions to be adopted while doing the plant
- (a) What is meant by personal protective equipment? Discuss the importance
of personal protective equipments in the chemical industries
(b) Discuss the various effective steps to be followed for the
implementation of safety procedures in a chemical plant
- (a) Briefly explain the various remedial measures that are to be taken
after an industrial accident
(b) Discuss the various fire prevention methods in detail
- (b) Discuss the occupational hazards with suitable examples
(b) Discuss about the role of trade union in promoting industrial