7HE - October 1997
Part A (20 x 2 = 40 Marks)
- State the purpose of money market
- What is amortization?
- Define depletion
- What is equity shares?
- What is fixed cost?
- Write the characteristics of long term loans
- What are variable costs?
- Write the advantages of balance sheet
- Profitability index of company X is 1.3 and that of company Y is 1.6. Which company has economic dependence?
- Why do you expect the economic balance in a company?
- Briefly write about cost unit
- Why is there a transaction demand for money?
- What is Break even point?
- What is elasticity of demand?
- What happens if the nature of spending increases based on accelerator theory?
- What is span of control?
- Define job evaluation
- Draw an organization chart
- What is scientific management?
- What are the functions of marketing?
Part B (5 x 12 = 60 Marks)
- What are the methods of calculating depreciation? Explain any two methods
- What are the features of Walra's law? Explain its theory based on equilibrium conditions
- Explain the important features of balance sheets and its advantages
- What are the sources of finance? Explain the long term capital requirements of a company
- What is internal rate of return method? How is it useful in ranking the project?
- What are the advantages of cost flow analysis?
- Explain Keynesien employment theory
- Draw a break even chart and write the advantages of Break even chart on managerial decision
- How will you prevent the accidents in Industry? Explain your answer based on your Industrial knowledge
- What are the basic elements of MBO? Explain them in detail.